Regional Committee of Gender Equality
We constitute the Regional Committee of Gender Equality of the Western Macedonia Region and we designate the following members:
- Theodoros Karypidis, Governor of Western Macedonia, as President and his deputy, Pavlos Tsotsos, Regional Councillor.
- Maria Karypidou, Regional Councillor, as member and her deputy, Aliki Grigoriadou, Regional Councillor.
- Theopisti Krystallidou, Municipal Councillor of Aiordea Municipality, as a member with her deputy Rafaela-Vassiliki Vakouftsi, Municipal Councillor of Kozani’ Municipality.
- Theodora Gouliarou, notary, representative of General Secretariat for Gender Equality, as a member with her deputy Eleni Savvidou, representative of the General Secretariat for Gender Equality.
- Aleka Karypidou, representative of Kozani’s Women Association, as a member and her deputy Konstantina Bourli-Karamanidou, representative of Kastoria’s Ladies’ Association.
The Regional Committee of Gender Equality has the following responsibilities:
- Ensures and supports the implementation of gender equality to the development policy of the Region, taking into consideration the policies of the Ministry of the Interior’s General Secretariat for Gender Equality.
- Formulates proposals and suggests to the region’s competent bodies the measures to be taken for the promotion of the essential gender equality in every aspect of the financial, political and social life.
- Suggests to the Regional Council, the Council for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications projects’ integration that promote the aforementioned measures and the relevant information and communication actions of the citizens and cooperates with the Region’s Centre of the General Secretariat for Gender Equality, as well as with the society’s and the citizens’ entities. Secretary of the Committee is Konstantina Baliami.
Their term of office lasts four years.
Read the decision of the regional committee of gender equality’s formation.