Skip to content
Action «Integrated RES Actions towards Development of Local Community of Grevena»
Action “Integrated RES Actions towards Development of Local Community of Grevena”
Short description of the project
Within the framework of the “European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2009-2014” and the Programme Area Gr03 – Renewable Energy (RES), the Region of Western Macedonia, the Municipality of Grevena and the General Hospital of Grevena are implementing the Action, entitled, “Integrated RES Actions towards Development of Local Community of Grevena”.
The action concerns the integration of RES interventions at the “community” of Grevena, where “community” is the geographical intervention area that includes buildings and facilities with public interest, that are located in the geographical boundaries of the Municipality of Grevena.
Objectives and expected results
The overall objectives of the proposed action include the increase of share of RES and at the same time the reduction of Greenhouse gases emissions at the boundaries of the “Community”. The above will be achieved through a series of integrated actions that include RES actions in the buildings and the facilities of the “Community”, while the local society awareness is achieved through the familiarity of the residents with practices of sustainable development and the improvement of their life quality.
The expected results and the benefits of the proposed interventions are the reduction of electric and thermal energy consumption and the reduction of CO2 emissions.
The above Action includes the energy upgrade of the following public buildings in the city of Grevena:
- Public building of Region of Grevena
- Public swimming pool
- Public gym
- Residence for students
- School for professional training
- General Hospital of Grevena
The action will be implemented through the 7 following sub-projects:
- S1 – RES interventions in the facilities of the Region of Western Macedonia in the “community” of Grevena
- S2 – RES interventions in the facilities of the Municipality of Grevena in the “community” of Grevena
- S3 – Geothermal Heat Pump in the School for professional training in the “community” of Grevena
- S4 – RES interventions in the facilities of the General Hospital of Grevena in the “community” of Grevena
- S5 – Supply and Installation of Measuring Equipment for Monitoring Results of the Action in the “community” of Grevena
- S6 – Supply of specialized scientific support services for the monitoring of the Action. The services will concern all the activities of the Action.
- S7 – Supply of specialized scientific training, dissemination and awareness services regarding the results of the Action. The services will concern all the activities of the Action.
- Region of Westen Macedonia
- Municipality of Grevena
- General Hospital of Grevena
The Action has a total budget of 1.599.113,57 euros (including VAT) and is funded by EEA-grants (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) by 85 % (1.359.246,53 €) and the Public Investment Program of Hellenic Republic by 15 % (239.867,04 €).
Figure 1: Local Community of Grevena
A. Public building of Region of Grevena
B. Public swimming pool
C. Public gym
D. Residence for students
E. School for professional training
F. General Hospital of Grevena